Friday, October 10, 2008

Olympic Airways



It's amazing. Just starting to put a trip together... and even the gift of trying to pick a place to go is imbuing me with such a spark that I'm seeing a monumentally more patient and relaxed Mommy today. And I haven't even had my Vitamin B's (Nature's bucker-uppers) yet today!

So... two weeks. I get two weeks away!!! Unbelievable. Thank you, thank you, thank you, my Boy. What a difference this is already making for me... for us all.



Foals ~ "Olympic Airways"


A few nights ago, we discovered this amazing song with its dreamy, spacey video; maybe it's just me, but the idea of throwing paint around with/at friends, followed by jumping into a lake, seems like a hell of a lot of (environmentally-unfriendly) fun. There's such a wonderful subversive eroticism that permeates the instrumentation of this song. And when they sing, "Ee, euh..." ~ or whatever it is they're actually singing ~ it sounds like they're counting up to two in Mandarin, over and over. Cracks me up and makes me all happy inside...

And then I noticed the name of the video. Hmmm... Perhaps a sign?


This morning, these came in the mail. Ya gotta admire the Canadian government; we sent our applications off on Saturday, September 27th and they arrived in Ottawa on Monday, the 29th. We received them today, and didn't even pay an expedited fee. Thus, we got our passports on the opposite side of the continent ELEVEN DAYS after they received our applications. Huzzah, Canada!!!

So, the passport on the left with the holes is the expired one, and the one on the right is fresh as a wee pansy's botty.

"Hello, World."



And can this be... another sign?!? I guess that really opens up Toronto and Greece as options now. Yaaaaay!!! Now, where to go, where to go??? Toronto, Sounion, DC... Toronto, Sounion, DC...



No comments:

Post a Comment