
Today, I walked and walked and walked... for hours. The Boy took the Three Little Piggies to the zoo and Wing Dome for lunch, and sent me off to wander to my heart's desire. Thus, grabbing the #5 downtown this afternoon, I stopped off at Pike Place Market to gather up some tasty treats from the Three Girls' Bakery, meandered my way up to Anthropologie, tried on some pretty clothes that were on sale and exerted much self-control by not buying anything, strolled up Pine, stood on the overpass and watched I-5 traffic going underneath for far longer than most well-adjusted people might consider normal, grabbed a monster soy mocha, zig-zagged around Capitol Hill, found my way onto our old street of Summit... and sang most of the way.
Sometimes it's fine to have a player to listen to, and other times, it's just great to make your own entertainment. The fantastic thing about Capitol Hill is that no one usually cares if you're belting out your favourite tunes; in fact, the singing hooligan usually either elicits some smiles or makes the more uncertain cross the street. Any which way, it's all soooo good: People either grin back at you if they get it, or they'll think you're crazy, which means they get to think someone else is crazy for a change... and that makes them feel good! So everybody's happy.
On my vocal playlist today: Wolf Parade's "Call it a Ritual" and "Modern World," Leonard Cohen's "Famous Blue Raincoat," Broken Social Scene's "Almost Crimes," Chet Baker's "The Night We Called It a Day," Radiohead's "Where I End and You Begin," Nine Black Alps' "Unsatisfied," Ladytron's "Destroy Everything You Touch," Lisa Hannigan's "Sea Song" and "Pistachio," The Doves' "Last Broadcast," Band of Horses' "The Funeral," and Stars' "Your Ex-Lover Is Dead."
All I know is, I had a really, really good time.


No comments:
Post a Comment