
In desperation for the strong, comforting, and bracing arms of my best friend, I called her in Toronto tonight, only to get her brother who informed me that she's just moved out with her lovely boyfriend (finally!). The only number he had for her was their mother's emergency cell number, which she and her Boy are borrowing until they get their landline installed.
When I got her on the cell, she took my number down and promised to call me back in moments. She then proceeded to run out to the grocery store, bought a phone card, called me back from a phone booth at 9pm her time, and went on to spend the next two hours with me despite my protests.
As a result, I feel soooo much better, there's just no comparison. And stronger, too, because that's what clarity does for you. Now, I need to do spin my compass and figure out where I'm going to spend my critically-needed time away in the next few weeks... if it's going to be with Saint Cat in DC before she heads to Doha, with Supe in Toronto, or by myself at Supe's coastal family home in Sounion. Or a combination of the above. Oh, the amazing options, all so very good.
But regardless of everything, I realize this for sure: I am surrounded by love. What the hell have I done to deserve the wonderful, amazing, clever, and beautiful *each* of you in my life? Supe, Saint Cat, Girl Friday, British Booty, Tank Girl, Duchess Josephine... All of you... I can not possibly thank you enough for your love, honesty, understanding, friendship, and support. Really. Really really. I love you so, so very much, and thank you thank you thank you for everything.
xxoo.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
How You Know You Are Truly Loved...
Labels:
British Booty,
friends,
Girl Friday,
Saint Cat,
Supe,
TankGirl,
The Struggle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment