Friday, September 12, 2008

I'd like to humiliate myself right now... with some Aaht.





Supe's "Persephone"




Blogging madness continues with a fine, fine vengeance! I would be most remiss if I didn't include this clip from 1994. It's my best friend's student film project from when she was at university, doing her dual Film and English Lit degrees with a minor in Asian Studies. (She went through all of it on scholarships she'd earned, so had minimal debt when she finally came out... then went back for another ten years of grad school for masters' degrees in Creative Writing and Information Sciences, and did a hell of a lot of travelling throughout. Damn genius overachiever. Note my admiration and raging jealousy.) Anyways, there's a long story you can bore yourself with on the actual youtube page where this clip came from, but suffice it to say, some things went well, and some went awry... as one might expect. So, the audio got a bit whacked at the beginning and some parts throughout, but I dare say... I'm quite proud of her incredible achievement! (As anyone who's worked on a film would know, it was a diabolical event, and I had the honour of helping to lug stuff around in the rain, set EQ up, talk her down from high ledges, and cover up evidence for... oh, stuff.)



And because I simply can't resist: Harry Enfield’s "Look, Listen, & Take Heed" PSA's... for Women.
Sheer brilliance... I thought I was a connoisseuse of BritCom until Tuesday night, when a charmingly erudite grappling buddy introduced me to the genius that is Harry Enfield. And indeed, I have now seen the errors of my foolish ways: I shall know my limits, shan't drive, and brace myself most boldly for conjugal responsibilities with my kindly, bookish chap while thinking upon my beloved King and Country. I shall verily, verily become the ideal woman... for pity's sake.
Harry Enfield & Chums: Women, Know Your Limits


Harry Enfield & Chums: Women, Keep Your Virtue.


Harry Enfield & Chums: Women, Don't Drive.





No comments:

Post a Comment