Monday, September 22, 2008

Lockjaw TAKEDOWN



So on Pig Thursday, with Mac'n'Jack's (Girl Friday) and chamomile tea (Hungover Me) flowing through our veins, we discussed the slew of preventative shots GF needed before going to explore China next week.

Conversation went like this:

"Oh, I've got 'em all, like my Heps, but all I have left is my tetanus. Wouldn't want to get lockjaw."

"My gosh," I mused, "wouldn't husbands love it if their wives got lockjaw, so we'd all just shut the hell up for once? 'No, Doc, I don't think she'll need that tetanus shot. Be nice to get some peace and quiet for a change.'" That got us cackling. As if.

Much later, I asked the Boy, "So wouldn't it be great for guys if their women got tetanus and ended up with lockjaw?"

"Not necessarily," he responded.

"Ah! I guess you could just pry our mouths open for that. But then we could wreak our revenge by talking like Stephen Hawking! 'Transaction-is-completed-please-come-again...'"

How come only I found that hilarious?

No comments:

Post a Comment