Thursday, September 25, 2008
I know it totally sounds like a kinky soft porno...
and a kinky soft French porno at that, but I still really love this song. (And a better song for a lovely little lapdance, I'd be hard-pressed to conjure. Heehee... a pun-ny!) One time, it came on MusiquePlus while I was still living at home, and my dad walked in on me watching the video. Fair made my ears burn. Apparently, the women appearing in the street scenes were not extras, but the actual prostitutes to whom Farmer was paying tribute.
Mylène Farmer ~ "California"
At the other end of the musical spectrum, here's the gorgeous Canadian soprano Isabel Bayrakdarian in an excerpt from a documentary made about her return to her homeland of Armenia. Best known for singing the Evenstar theme in Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, Bayrakdarian had her professional debut at my old piano teachers' concert series in Toronto (as they reference in my previous posting); I think that's really super-duper cool. And her voice, especially singing this heartbreaking folk song, is sooooooooo beautiful.
Isabel Bayrakdarian ~ "Die Yaman"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment