Sunday, November 02, 2008

Cast.







Aeons ago, one of my girlfriends had an uncle going back to their hometown of Cambridge, England, for a trip, and he asked if there was anything he could pick up for her while he was there. Thrilled, she asked if he could try to find an impossible-to-get-in-Vancouver album by a UK band called, "Cast." After weeks of heady anticipation, he returned with his gift in tow, and she opened it with dizzy glee... only it wasn't an album by Cast, but the official Cats Soundtrack, as performed by the Cast of the London production. That must've just sucked balls.

Tonight, since I'm feeling really doggone lazy and far too mellow for anything more ambitious than brushing my teeth and reading in bed (could well have something to do with listening to "In Rainbows" right now), I've decided to post ~ at long last ~ some photos I've taken of my immediate Cast. (Yes, I know you're not supposed to have shadow on people's faces, but I still like these shots plenty enough to risk the embarrassment.) And to those of you sweet girlfriends who keep wondering what Boy looks like, here ya go. Does he look familiar to you now? (Like, have you held pads for him, and vice versa, in any classes? tee hee hee!)





ArJay at Greenlake, August 2008.




Jeeps at Greenlake, August 2008.




SiKay and a fallen comrade at Gig Harbour, September 2008.




Jeeps at an abandoned car lot in Gig Harbour, 2008.




ArJay and Boy (and my awesome brother facing away from the camera) in Victoria, BC. February 2005.




Jeeps and ArJay, blissfully happy after a day at a new playground and the promise of getting some sushi next.




Sleepy SiKay, heading to a restaurant for sushi after some playground mayhem. July 2008.





Boy dared me to post a naked photo of myself; this comes as close as I'll probably ever get. June 2008.




Arjay. June 2008.




From Jeep's birthday party at Ninja School, with my friends, Cool Mint and Lioness. I think I was telling them a story about slicing my foot open downstairs after accidentally stepping on a toy in the dark. Stupid reason why I particularly like this photo, aside from having my friends in it? I liked the way my hair turned out. Such a girl, I know. Photo taken by Boy, July 2008.




Typical us. Gig Harbour, September 2008.



2 comments:

  1. "Yes, I know you're not supposed to have shadow on people's faces, but I still like these shots plenty enough to risk the embarrassment"

    What in tarnaton are you talking about?!? Sure--yeah--no shadows on faces if you are doing a proper portrait. As if you have some fill lights just laying around your house that you can use when you decide to take some photos of your crew.

    The shadows are entirely appropriate.

    I may steal your children when I babysit. (I should probably not write that down in your blog in case I actually do since, uh, you'll know it's me. I mean, you know, aside from being the last person who was with them before they were kidnapped.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little man saw the pics of the kis and exclaimed "Hey! That my friend...what's his name?" hehe.
    And miss priss wants to know when they can see the kids again. She also politely suggested that I envite you out some Wednesday night...that my friends would like you. :P

    ReplyDelete