Sunday, November 16, 2008

Drive-by's in the City of Sirens and Snipers




A storefront in Georgetown.



As a result of both of us being wiped out from travelling (and working in Qatar and arriving home just the night before, such as in Cat's case) and sleeping really poorly, and in preparation for tomorrow night's very big, exciting event, we took it super easy today and just hung out, drove around, explored a tad, and supped on an awesome Middle Eastern stew Saint Cat made. A wonderful, gentle little day to ease into DC life.



"Buenos dias, Che!"



Our wheels for the day. Next time ~ maybe for our proposed roadtrip next weekend when Supe gets here from Toronto ~ we're getting a Mini Cooper!!! (Just so you can stop wondering, almost all of the photos were taken as we drove by on Saint Cat's brief layout-of-the-land orientation of the Capitol. At least, that's my excuse for the blurriness!)



"Hello. I have been dubbed 'Saint Cat,' and I will be your driver for today."



Hmmmm. Does something look a little... familiar?



This is where Saint Cat's street ends: at the Obamas' future digs. And her station is just three blocks away... So surreal.



The Castle of the Smithsonian. Oh my gosh... oh my gosh... I can't wait...



"Whaddya mean, I have my 'Oh' face on?"



At home on my cozy couch at Georgetown's Anthropologie. And no, I was very, very good and didn't buy anything.



My beautiful Cat at Dean and Deluca.



A sweet little bijou of a Georgetown shack.



The Hilton where Reagan got shot.



Just as Saint Cat was pointing out how we strangely hadn't heard as many sirens as usual, this Screaming Baby pulled up directly behind us and blared its horns while we were stuck behind another car. Finally managed to squeeze out and make enough room for it to pass, but... that's what you get for tempting fate.



Arrr, me lads, here is me fine, mighty set of wheels which summons up the proud spirit of our bold, heroic, and ancient Clansmen. Behold, I present to ye: The Highlander. By Toyota.



Did a wee bit of shopping at the corner store tonight, and this is what I bought. Oh yes... yes, I bloody well did. I am on vacation, dammit.




2 comments: