Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yearn









Last weekend, this song came on as we were standing around The Firepit in the backyard, and British Booty remarked how "Irish" it sounded. Ironic, because for me it has always been walking along the canals in Galway in the cool air of a spring evening with a neck that's slightly cool and wet from being kissed. Just thinking about it makes it hard to even breathe...


Spiritualized ~ "Sitting on Fire"





Wanderlust at its finest... oh, the wretched torment. Creepy stalker-narrator-guy can go away, though, and leave The Explorer well enough alone; the tethers are mere decoration.


Death Cab for Cutie ~ "I Will Possess Your Heart"






At last, because I haven't recorded it myself yet, here is my swansong piece performed as close to my own interpretation as I've found on YouTube thus far; I competed with it successfully when I was 11, and expect it will have to be played at some point during my funeral since it so defines my being. It was the first piece I ever begged my cool Russian teachers to play, and still use it for auditions whenever needs must these days. I can even reputedly play it after having "fallen well into the apples," as the French like to say.

As with folding origami cranes, for as long as I have the use of my fingers, I shall be playing this piece with all my heart and soul. And one day, I shall make it to Poland and catch the Chopin Festival in Warsaw.


Lívia Rév ~ Chopin: "Nocturne No. 19, Opus 72 in e~minor" (posthumous)






photo credit: copyright from Joe Desbonnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment