Monday, July 06, 2009

Mine.









seattle-tacoma craigslist > seattle > bicycles

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee.


Red woman's bicycle - $60 (North Seattle)

__________________________________________________

Reply to: sale-1244159777@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-28, 2:20PM PDT



10 speed Red Easy Rider woman's bicycle is in excellent condition. This bicycle was used by my daughter who is 5'1". It has been stored for 11 years. it is a full-sized bike.


  • Location: North Seattle
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests










PostingID: 1244159777

__________________________________________________

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


As of earlier today, this adorable red bicyclette now belongs to me! Hopefully too vintage & girly for Aurora thugs to steal, yet functional and reliable enough to get me to classes and back, Wilma (named after Homer's girl in The Best Years of Our Lives for being sweet, reliable, and true) will take care of me as I shall take good care of her.

Forever indebted to my wonderful Girl Friday for all her advice and help!

Now all Wilma needs is a wee spiffing, minor tune~up with some fine adjustments, new handlebar grippy condom~thingies, fresh tires, and a darling little basket to go up front for my sweet gi.

Because ~ as we savvy lassies know ~ it's all about the basket.








(photo credit: The lovely girl at the top of this post is Cathy O'Donnell, the actress who played Wilma in William Wyler's "The Best Years of Our Lives" (1946) ~ winner of seven Oscars, including Best Picture. Taken by Martha Holmes in December of 1945, this photograph first appeared in Life Magazine.
The bottom is a real doggy~carrying basket from callingalldogs.com... in case anyone's interested in getting one for the prized pooch!)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. You better hope that when I see you on Wednesday, I don't beat you up and take your bike away from you.

    I can't wait to see her (and you!)

    -Girl Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You try to steal Wilma from me and I'll show you a slick move I like, called the GoGoPlata. I'll even wear the white knee-high vinyl boots to give the choke some extra class.

    That said... can't wait to see you on Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete