Arvo Pärt (1935~present)Composer, teacher, philosopher, innovator.
"That is my goal: time and timelessness are connected.
This instant and eternity are struggling within us.
And this is the cause of all our contradictions...."
Lloyd Alexander (1924~2007)Beloved author, biographer, historian, translator.
C.S. Lewis (1898~1963)Author, essayist, academic, theologian, apologist.
Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)Composer, virtuoso pianist, Polish nationalist.
Dana Andrews (1909~1992) Actor of such films as The Best Years of Our Lives,
The Ox~Bow Incident, Laura, and Boomerang!,
president of the Screen Actors' Guild (1963~1965),
activist for the rights of female actresses.
Orson Welles (1915~1985)Magician, director, writer, actor, genius shit disturber.
Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)Baptist minister, civil rights activist, Nobel Peace Prize winner.
David Suzuki (1936~present) Environmental activist, science broadcaster, author, inspiration.
Maxim Vengerov (1974~present) Virtuoso volinist, pedagogue, ambassador for UNICEF.
Chet Baker (with former wife, Helima) (1929~1988) Jazz trumpeter and vocalist.
Ira Glass (1959~present)Host of public radio's "This American Life"
and gregarious teller of stunningly true tales.
Jurgen Gothe (1944~present)CBC Radio's broadcaster~extraordinaire of now~defunct "DiscDrive,"
radio and television producer, food and wine columnist,
author, cat lover.
Danny Boyle (1956~present) Filmmaker of such classics as Shallow Grave, 28 Days Later,
Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire, The Beach.
Radiohead (1985~present) Musical geniuses, artists, human rights activists,
distribution pioneers, soundtrack composers.
The National (1999~present)Poets, musicians, humanitarians.
"Swingers" (1996)"Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask?
All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the
high school girls hang out in this town?" ~ Trent


Lumbergh.


I see this list of men and think, "No wonder I love you so much". How could I not when I get pleased that you didn't leave out somone vital?
ReplyDelete-Girl Friday