
A wee playlist of favourites new and old to accompany me in my burning of the midnight oil. It seems the longer I spend working on pictures, the more stressed I become with how beautiful, warm, and intrinsically epic I hope to be able to distill them. Fear of failure is stalling my progress; I am choking myself with the illogical impasse of unfair expectations counterbalanced with considerable limitations. And while hearth and family are benefitting from this sluggard pace, my friends at the gym are not.
The time is ripe, then, to apply and practice my Ah, Fuck-It Manifesto, and annihilate my internal perfectionist by forcing my head down, charging like a nostril-flaring bull at Carmen's doomed and prancing toreador, and getting this project doneski as best as I canski.
Yeski, Avedonski.
Da.



I've been so preoccupied lately. Went out Saturday night
with British Booty and the Cambridge Linguist in the weekend lull
between their collective surgeries, biopsies, and bouts of meds;
BB is going for her big biopsy on Wednesday, and I'm panicking.
Why, oh why, are the people I love most dealing with
cancer and cancer scares right now?
*breathe...* *breathe...*
Don't panic. Don't cry.
Focus.
Jakob ~ "Malachite"
Washed Out ~ "Hold Out"
Washed Out ~ "You and I"
Washed Out ~ "Call it Off"
Washed Out ~ "Far Away"
Slowdive ~ "As the Sun Hits"
The XX ~ "Intro"
Chet Baker ~ "The Night We Called it a Day"
Koop ~ "Koop Island Blues"
Lhasa ~ "La Marée Haute"
Samuel Barber ~ "Agnus Dei"
Radiohead ~ "How to Disappear Completely"
Other Lives ~ "For 12" (Live at KEXP)
Lisa Hannigan ~ "Paper House" (Acoustic)
Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan ~ "Seafaring Song"
Other Lives ~ "Dust Bowl III"
The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers ~ "Lisa"
Snow Patrol ~ "Run"
U2 ~ "Acrobat"
The Walkmen ~ "On the Water"
Godspeed You! Black Emperor ~ "09-15-00"
Leonard Cohen ~ "Famous Blue Raincoat"
Sarah Slean ~ "Blue Parade"
Radiohead ~ "Pyramid Song"
The Walkmen ~ "What's In It For Me?"
Sarah Slean ~ "Climbing Up the Walls" (Radiohead Cover)
The Walkmen ~ "Donde Esta La Playa"
The National ~ "Guest Room"
Múm ~ "Winter (What We Never Were)"
Arvo Pärt ~ "Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten"
Sigur Rós ~ "Njósnavélin"


No comments:
Post a Comment