
It's raining! It's raining! Yay!!!
Laid up with yet another immobilizing injury, it's awfully nice to be kept happy and busy with engaging work, snuggly warm with mutually-adoring company and entranced by the soothing sweetness of sprinkling joy outside. Last Tuesday, the night I got hurt, I finally cracked open my long-cherished copy of "The Great Gatsby," reading the gorgeous tome en route to the gym. Entirely paralyzed by agony the next day, I relished in my newfound crippledom with a rare, almost guilt-ridden opportunity to savour the book, but finished it all too quickly and with the greatest of reluctance.
It has been a full week of non-classes, a loss of approximately seventeen hours of Pilates and martial arts combined, and I am ridiculously restless and frustrated. Feeling fat, useless, and disgusting is a terrible understatement.
It's freezing cold in the house right now, but I don't have the heart to turn up the thermometer just for me and the doggie; thus, armed with a feather duvet and hot ginger tea for my shivery self and a softly-snoring Frankie-blankie wrapped around my feet, I am deeply content... and psyched for battle.
With over 1000 photos to weed through and post-process from three photo sessions yesterday ~ one for my gym and two others for my Fetish Ninja ~ plus seeing Lisa Hannigan tonight with my Chef Boy, wonderful girlfriends (converging from two very different worlds), and maybe even the Muay Thai Baker(!), I think today's infinite greatness will be incredibly difficult to beat... even with an ouchy, very fucked-up body.

Part of the process...
... and the finished recording. Perfect rainy-day mood music.
Here's a random smattering of pics I've finished so far. A handful down, an easy bazillion to go...









But wait! Before I go, here's a touch more from my ultimate girly crush. (It must've been so. Fucking. Cold.)
"The idea for this video was that the instruments would be played by paint (the drums are metallic spray cans, the strings are blue and green from above, the horns are orange) and would be flung at me in accordance with their part in the song... up until the end, when everybody threw paint at me by the pint. We shot our one and only take in a front garden in Dublin, and we used three spray cans, four squeezy bottles, five water pistols and four buckets of poster paint — which, incidentally, tastes like wet chalk." ~ Lisa Hannigan on NPR
the making of it...
and finally, acoustically... out on a boat, proving yet again, great music can be made anywhere, anyhow.


Great pics, babe, and even more awesome words. I love you!! :)
ReplyDelete