Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fantastick!









Last Wednesday, I had the delightful pleasure of volunteering at Jeeps' school by helping out with clean-up duty after the monthly Teachers' Luncheon. I got to hang out with one of my favourite Mom friends there, was given a copy of her ultra naughty book manuscript to devour and critique, and waited for Jeeps' school-day to end by texting back and forth with Saint Cat in Spain ("I'm just getting ready to go to bed now; have just come in from gazing at the stars") while SiKay and ArJay frolicked merrily in the playground.

After school, Jeeps' teacher sent out the following e-mail thank-you notes to the parents:


Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:20:42 -0800

It was deliscious! Thank you.


Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:21:18 -0800

Deliscious…



Then on Thursday, we received this little heads-up from her as well:


Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:17:48 -0800

Hi Everyone,
Just a little note to let you know there will be NO spelling test this week.
Happy Valentine’s Day!




Reminds me a tad of This American Life, filled with that entangled combination of the very funny and the very sad...



No comments:

Post a Comment